Friday 1 May 2015

So my journey begins! I can't thank everyone enough for all the love and support they have given me as I have prepared for this trip. Thank you to those that donated to my fundraiser! I was able to raise $2375 in just a few short months! That money will help a lot of people while I am in Ghana.

This blog I will try and update on a regular basis to share my adventures and near death experiences (just kidding mom). I should let you know that I have never kept a blog before in my life so bear with me here as I learn the ropes.

In a few hours I will board a 9 hour flight to Amsterdam! There I have an 8 hour layover (ugh) until my next flight leaves straight for Accra, the capital of Ghana. But out of the 7 other BYU students that are going 2 or 3 of them will be there around the same time as me. So we will hit the streets of Amsterdam and party hard! Well as hard as a few BYU students in a foreign country can party at 9 o'clock in the morning. And with this being Amsterdam we will seem like a couple of students from some monastery.

The travel troubles have already begun as I found out that the one large suitcase that I had packed with all of the 600 pairs of reading glasses and food for lunches that I have to bring weighed almost 100 lbs. Whoops. And the suitcase itself was "too big" by itself so Ive had to repack everything into different suitcases this morning which has just been my favourite thing to do the morning of my trip (not!). But I'm not bitter, ok?! Whats nice about having to pack a lot of things that I wont be bringing home is that I will have plenty of room for souvenirs!

I hope I packed everything I need to but I know there will be something that I forgot, there always is. Anyways I need to go. I just discovered that my carryon weighs too much now and need to repack-again!

No comments:

Post a Comment