Wednesday 13 May 2015

Kofi’s Birthday!

Wed. May 6, 2015 

Today was Kofi’s birthday! He turned 21! Kofi works at the telecentre hotel and drives Austin and I back to our hotel every night because its too dangerous for two Obruni’s to walk back with bags at 10:30pm. He is a great kid. Everyone loves him in our group and so we wanted to throw him a party of sorts. We made a card on the back of a piece of paper and then when we all go back today we watched the Bourne Identity and ate Oreos. He loves action movies and had never seen any of the Bourne movies. He had also never had Oreos before. They ate those up pretty fast haha. One of the other girls at the hotel loves just the cookie part. The icing she says is too sweet for her. I think Kofi really enjoyed his birthday even though we couldn’t do much. He seemed really happy. Ill get a picture with him sometime for sure. He actually was taught by missionaries last year and almost got baptized! He went to church and everything! There were a couple BYU students that stayed at the hotel, one of them became his best friend he said. They introduced him to the gospel. I don't know exactly why he didn’t join the church. Perhaps he was nervous about being pressured into serving a mission, who knows. We have inviting him to church so we will see if he comes again. 

Today was kind of a rough day lets say haha. The food kind of caught up with my digestive tract and I didn’t have the best nights sleep. I think it was some bad noodles or chicken that I had the night before. The thought of it would make me nauseous. I thought of staying home but I figured I could tough it out and push through it. In the middle of an acuity test I just looked at Mary Ellen and told her that I wasn’t feeling well and walked off. A few violent regurgitations of the recent contents of my stomach and I was back at it! I felt a lot better but I was very dehydrated and tired. Good thing the work today was pretty chill. We didn’t have that many patients and there was no rush to get through them all. The people were kind of quite where we went. I forget how to spell the name. I will try and remember for tomorrow. 


I slept for most of the ride there and back. it was a long ride too, about 3 and a half hours both ways. Hopefully tomorrow I will be feeling better and be able to enjoy the day a little more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment