Thursday 11 June 2015

Trotro? Aburi? Heck Yes!

 Saturday, June 6, 2015

Our short hike down to the falls after our bike ride.
Solomon is in the front.
I love our weekends here! We have had the best adventures every Saturday. Cape coast, Bojo beach, Elmena, Wli falls, monkeys sanctuary, and now Aburi! Aburi is a place in the Eastern Region where we went mountain biking to another waterfall. It was tons of fun! We hired a van to take us up there for 80 cedi’s. There was a place we rented the bikes from and we had a tour guide, Solomon, that took us to the waterfalls. Solomon was 15 years old. Great kid. The bikes were mediocre at best haha but I wasn’t expecting anything more. They were like ones you would buy from value village or the DI. Solomon took us all through the town, through people back yards, down single track pathways until we finally got to the trail to the falls. We had to hike the last few hundred meters because the trail was too rocky for our bikes. The falls were small but still beautiful. There were a few small shallow pools as it rolled over the rocks. Enough for us to cool off in. Ghana is a very beautiful country. The forests are so lush and green. After the falls we headed back to the rental shop through the botanical gardens. There we stopped for some drinks and some pictures. Once we gave the bikes back, we said our goodbyes and took a trotro back to Accra. A tortro is a large van that serves like a taxi except way cheaper, anywhere from 1-5 cedis. We stopped in Osu (part of Accra) to get inner at this turkish place a senior couple told us about. It is called DNR and it was amazing!! We loved it so much that I think we are going to try and go back. There have been some great food places in Accra I am surprised. It has been great. 
Boti falls. The little pool we cooled off in is on the right.
Austy, D and I shreddin' it up.
Another end to another adventure. #ghanabegreat

Sunday June 7, 2015


It was an Obruni Sunday thats for sure! Last week we all received assignments from the bishop for this week. Daniel is part of the BYU mens chorus so I volunteered him to sing in Sacrament meeting and he did a fantastic job! I taught gospel doctrine and really enjoyed it. I hope others did too haha. The girls ran primary pretty much. Gavin taught gospel principles and Austin was supposed to teach elders quorum but I think that the presidency wasn’t informed. I would have loved to hear his lesson though especially since we had a non-member with us and they were talking about home teaching. The non-member was Kofi from the Telecentre! he finally came to church! He came late but he came! It took us 5 weeks but he came. It was our last Sunday in Ghana so we had to have him there. It was also Elder Nelsons last Sunday as well. He was an Elder in the ward. He bore his testimony and it brought back so many memories from my mission. How I felt when I finished my mission, my last testimony and Sunday. It was an emotional time me and I am sure it is the same for him. I will miss this ward. Singing hymns a cappella an octave or two lower than it should be, not knowing if the power will stay on for the whole meeting and witnessing all the converts. There was another confirmation today. That is 7 total since we arrived here. I love it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment